- Wed 27 Sep27WedSepLet's Play Chess/Welland Public Library Seaway MallSep 27, 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.Welland Public Library Seaway Mall, 800 Niagara St, Welland, ON L3C 1M3, Canada(7-13 yrs) Whether you're a beginner or an advanced chess player, you'll have fun learning tips and tricks to improve your strategy. This series program runs from Wednesdays, Sept. 13 to Oct. 18. 4pm-5:30pm, Seaway Mall Branch.
- Sep 28, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.Main Branch, 50 The Boardwalk, Welland, ON L3B 6J1, CanadaIn partnership with the Welland Heritage Council and Multicultural Centre and the Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre, this group is open to newcomers or anyone looking to improve their English language skills.
- Sep 28, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.WPL - Diamond Trail Branch, 315 Southworth St S, Welland, ON L3B 1Z8, CanadaReading Buddies is a program aimed at providing an engaging environment to help improve reading skills. Children aged 5-11 will be paired with a teen volunteer who will use books and literacy based games to practice reading. Children of all reading levels are welcome. Thursdays 5:30-6:30pm.
- Sep 30, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.Main Branch , 50 The Boardwalk, Welland, ON L3B 6J1, Canada(All Ages) Enjoy a drumming presentation by the Strong Water Singers in honor of Truth and Reconciliation Day. Strong Water Singers is an Indigenous led collective with members across the Niagara Region utilizing drumming to achieve wellness and balance.
- Mon 02 Oct02MonOctHospice Niagara-Music Speaks Adult Relaxation/Seaway Mall BranchOct 02, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.Seaway Mall Branch, 800 Niagara St, Welland, ON L3C 1M3, CanadaIn this workshop, you will learn how music can help decrease the stress, anxiety and intrusive thoughts that may come with grief. A Hospice Niagara music therapist will talk about the benefits of music for mental health and provide opportunities to express your grief through music.
- Sat 07 Oct07SatOctSecond Annual Seniors Day Expo/Seaway Mall - Centre Court
- Tue 10 Oct10TueOctLearn to Draw with Chris Summerhayes-The Art Guild/Seaway Mall Branch
- Oct 11, 9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.Main Branch , 50 The Boardwalk, Welland, ON L3B 6J1, CanadaCome bring your baby to an art class and keep the mess away from your house! Each week you and your baby will enjoy socializing with other adults and make a one of a kind hand or footprint craft. There will be a story-time with songs, bounces, bubbles and parachute fun, too!
- Thu 12 Oct12ThuOctHospice Niagara Legacy Program/Seaway Mall Branch
Land Acknowledgement Statement
The Welland Public Library is situated on treaty land. This land is steeped in the rich history of the First Nations such as the Hatiwendaronk, the Haudenosaunee, and the Anishinaabe, including the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation. There are many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit people from across Turtle Island that live and work in Niagara today. The Welland Public Library stands with all Indigenous people, past and present, in promoting the wise stewardship of the lands on which we live.